Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Day 5 of Second Chemofication

Yet another good day. I have been feeling more tired than yesterday but have eaten way more. The soup du jour is MISO. Lots of it. Yummy! I ate a baked potato with some yogurt on it too as well as a strawberry fruit popsicle. All is good.

Thanks for all the recommended reads. Keep those coming. I love to read and go through a lot of books so I am always looking for more material.

Spent most of the day either in bed or on the couch watching TV. Just got the first 2 discs of Season Three of Six Feet Under from my mail-in DVD rental service thingie. Those haven’t been shown on TV yet here in Canada so I am ahead of the crowd for once.

Had a wee visitor today and I took pictures so I will post those as soon as I recharge up my camera again. Ha ha! Something to entice you to come back.

5 comments:

c said...

Yay! Glad you're feeling well enough to eat some carbs...that's what you need to get your strength back.

Anonymous said...

Tell Homedetentionlady about yogurt on brocolli!

Kranki said...

Misfit-Hmmmmmmm. Caaaarrrrrrbbbbss!
Said in Homer Simpson Voice

HDL-I swear by low/no fat PLAIN yogurt on baked potatos. With a dash of Hy's seasoning salt. Yummy and tangy and less fat. Like LBo says I put it on everything I would put sour cream on. Like mexi food etc. Much lighter tasting. That is just me though. I find sour cream to heavy for me.

LBo-do you still put yogurt on your food too?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Lovely yogurt makes the nasty brocolli go down. We also drop some on top of borscht, put it on pyrogies, mix it with a bit of maple syrup and put it on apples and bananas and best of all, make great pancake topping by combining it with mashed bananas and a dash of poudre douce. I make yogurt cheese by draining it in cheese cloth and mixing it with sweet or savoury flavourings, and using it instead of cream cheese. Crazier yet, I wash my face with it daily. It makes your sking really soft! It just doesn't remove mascara or eyeliner pencil very well.

We are having a hard time understanding the squirrelly pictures. Have you drugged Yoshi or is she really that cool with rodents just hangin' in her flower box? Was that squirrel really snoozing? The world has gone mad!

Kranki said...

Lbo-yes the squirrel and cat were snoozing AT THE SAME TIME. The world, indeed, has gone mad.