Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Monday, May 02, 2005

You Asked For It!


Silver, velvet and semi-precious stones.
Posted by Hello

Best day so far! Guess what I did today? I did LAUNDRY! Four whole loads! I know, not exciting but I am so happy to be able to actually DO something. I hate to say it and I know many would disagree but lying on the couch gets old pretty quick. I could probably lay on the couch for longer if I didn’t neeeeeeeed to lie there. Since I had no choice in the matter it became most intolerable. Reverse psychology works on adults too.

I have had a couple requests for pics of my jewellery. I have not done any jewellery outside of a work situation for over 5 years. I no longer have a studio since my parents moved out of the familial home into the “Love Shack” near the park. The shack doesn’t have a basement so I don’t have a studio.

What I am going to do is post a photo each day of jewellery stuff I have done in the far past. I will start off with my graduating class project titled, “Kiss My Pope Ring.” This seems fitting due to recent events. Every piece is a ring but take that term loosely. Few of my rings are actually wearable. Mostly they were self-indulgent creative pieces in a so-called jewellery format. Most of the photos are not great quality due to the difficulty in photographing small shiny objects with inadequate camera equipment but you will get the gist.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul and Judy send their love.

I love the rings. It makes me smile to see them again.

As the Edmonton branch of the Canadian contingent, must go get drunk with the Irish relatives. Oops, It seems like I am now the designated driver, so no indulgence for me. Oh well .

Anonymous said...

You must make a Pope ring for the Fonz. That is way cool!

Glad your days are getting better.

Anonymous said...

You must make a Pope ring for the Fonz. That is way cool!

Glad your days are getting better.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen those in a long time! They look as good now as they did then. I feel honoured to know that I own my very own collection of Krankipantz wearable rings and still wear them frequently!! Remember my boy zapper? Its still a'zappin!

Glad to hear that you were feeling well enough to do laundry. I have laundry to do and have been putting it off for days.... :(

c said...

Those rings are awesome!!

Glad you're feeling better. I actually use loads of laundry completed as my motivation-level barometer. If I don't do any, I clearly have no motivation. If I do several, I feel like I can conquer the world!

Susie said...

I would so wear those rings. Especially the one on the left (less likely to poke people, although that can be fun, too.) They are delightful.
Your laundry accomplishments put me to shame, woman. I must try to compete, now;)

Kranki said...

Actually I took the white frill off the one on the left and wear it a lot. It is huge but still comfy.