Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Monday, October 08, 2007

Gobble Gobble Gobble

I have been a very bad blogger and not posted for ages. This is for a very good reason. I’ve been working my fingies to the bone on tiny cat costumes for your near future viewing pleasure. The calendar is very close to completion. Tomorrow is the fashion shoot and I’ve started buttering Yoshi up with snuggles and compliments. So please, please, please pray for feline stable mental health and a total lack of divahood.

There may be a vK1 Behind the Meowing documentary at the end of this as well.

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and last night my brother, sister-in-law and I went to my folks’ house for a delicious dinner. Today was spent running some errands at a north shore mall. The young lady who helped me when I returned a sweater asked me how my Thanksgiving was going. I told her about my family dinner and asked her how her Thanksgiving had been but I wasn’t really sure if she celebrated the holiday as it was obvious she was Muslim since she was wearing a head-scarf. She told me that they don’t observe Thanksgiving Day as they gave thanks everyday.

How cool is that? I mean isn’t that what we should all be doing? Really taking stock every single day of what we should be thankful for and acknowledging it and celebrating? I suggest we all get off our apathetic asses and live more consciously and positively on a daily basis and not just think about these important parts of our lives only on special occasions. So let’s think about eschewing Thanksgiving all together and adopting this new outlook.

But then she was also still fasting for Ramadan and couldn’t partake in all the yummy parts of the season.

I guess that would be the not so cool part.

Never mind.

11 comments:

Brian Dowd said...

I just ran across your blog today from the another blog. I like your attitude on "kicking cancers ass" Your attitudde is much like that of Kris Carr whos movie "Crazy Sexy Cancer" was just on Discovery Channel last night.

Crazy Sexy Cancer is an inspiring documentary, by Kris Carr. This film covers her cancer adventure. As Kris puts it "It is a funny, heartfelt, irreverent journey searching for a cure and finding life." It first premiered on TLC August 29th and will now be back by popular demand on October 8th and 14th.

If you have not already I recommend checking out her blog http://crazysexycancer.blogspot.com/

here today, gone tomorrow said...

If we have to be grateful every day does that mean we can have stuffing every day, too?

lawyerchik said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Ms. K. And, sorry, but I can't muster up the good will to be thankful everyday - that leaves me absolutely no time at all to be spiteful and obnoxious, and my head would explode if I tried....

:)

Squirl said...

I give thanks every day, too. But that doesn't stop me from pigging out, I mean celebrating Thanksgiving.

Actually, I feel bad. I knew that Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving and I forgot to wish you a happy one!

SassyFemme said...

A little late, but Happy Thanksgiving. While I like the idea of giving thanks every day, I also like the idea of having one day set aside to focus on it, and be with family/friends.

alan said...

I am glad you got to have the holiday dinner with your family. A Happy Thanksgiving is a wonderful day no matter what time of year it comes up!

There's an old Irving Berlin song I try to think of every time my life-meter hits "despondant"; it was in "White Christmas" and suggests that you "Count Your Blessings" instead of sheep...

You are one of those blessings!

alan

Anonymous said...

How can I email you?

eclectic said...

Happy Thanksgiving Week!! I'm sorry I missed it -- sounds yummy!

HAR said...

I hope it all worked out at the photo shoot. Your Twitter excerpt has me worried.

Kranki said...

LISA-you can email me at crankypantsATshaw.DOTca

Anonymous said...

I think giving thanks every day is a really nice idea, and I try to do that. But of course in practice it's easy to falter in our thanks, and so I still like the idea of one day that we set aside entirely for the purpose of giving thanks. As if, this is so important to us that we want to make sure we don't let ourselves overlook it. But maybe it should be one day a month instead of once a year?

Happy Thanksgiving, Kranki.