Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Don't Break The Chain or Yoshi's Head Will Explode

I was hanging out at Eclectic's Place and she posted a meme where she had to answer questions another blogger had asked her. It was cool. So I signed up to be given questions by her to answer too. Check it out below and see if you want to become part of the meme chain.

1. Which book or movie has captured you the most as an adult, and why?

Probably the book AND movie that has captured me the most as an adult is ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee. I have honestly lost track of how many times I have read it and just recently got a replacement book as my poor paperback had disintegrated with use. It is such a fantastic story about a little piece of the south and the way things were. The good and the bad. Each character is so rich and interesting. It is one of the few times the movie has lived up to the excellence of the book. And Gregory Peck playing Atticus Finch makes me all gooey inside.

Now after sounding all high falutin’ with literary pretense and such I also have to admit that I recently saw ‘Borat’ and nearly suffocated myself from laughing so hard. I can’t get various parts out of my mind (like a certain fight scene) and I often find myself chuckling out loud in weird places like the shower or in line at the bank.

2. You're at the ocean. You'd rather: a) sleep alone in the sun; b) swim, sail or body surf; or c) picnic with friends?

The very first answer that popped into my mind was a) sleep alone in the sun because I am totally antisocial that way. But then the thought of a nice picnic with friends sounded great too. Then going sailing seemed like a nice idea as well. However, swimming and body surfing is totally out of the question as I am afraid of being in the ocean. Being near or on the ocean is ok but entering the water is terrifying for me. I don’t know why. One of those weirdo phobia thingies. And I don’t actually wear bathing suits either. It is unkind to those who have to look at me.

The good news is that I live right next to the ocean so sleeping and picnicking and sailing are distinct possibilities. Yay!

3. Describe the perfect employment opportunity:

Marrying rich…just kidding.

I’d like to be my own boss and still be able to do creative things as well as work with animals. I never want to work for a boss again. Especially an insane boss. I’d like to have the freedom to tell a rude and nasty customer to fuck off. I’d like the freedom to fire an employee who was completely inept and terrible to work with. I’d like to be able to offer products and services that I felt good about and believed in.

Basically I am totally delusional.

4. If you had the option of living forever without one of the following, which would it be, and why: a) dust bunnies; b) shaving; or c) taking out the trash?

DEFINITELY b) shaving. But only if it meant I was no longer furry opposed to just somehow it becoming magically socially acceptable to let it all grow out. Without getting into great detail the reason why I chose shaving is because hair removal takes up a fair amount of time for me. I am part ape.

5. What's the first thing you notice about a potential romantic interest?

I like a guy who is smart. Not necessarily book smart (which is nice too) but street smart with good common sense. A guy with an opinion who has the facts to back it up. I like clever. A sense of humour is a must too. He has got to make me laugh.

Obviously I would only ever find this out about a guy if I got to know them beyond first impressions. I don’t have a ‘type’ of guy I am attracted to and if you lined up my past boyfriends you would laugh over how different they all were. I honestly don’t know what it is specifically that attracts me to a person right away. Just some sort of spark or something. It very rarely happens so I haven’t really figured it out yet. Often this spark has not lasted past that first impression once the guy opens his mouth and I hear what he has to say. More often than not they fizzle. I could probably tell you more about what I don’t like in a guy than what I do like.

Can you tell I am almost always single?

Thanks for the great questions, Eclectic.

This is how this meme works.

1. Leave me a comment saying that you would like to be interviewed. Include your email address if I can’t get it through your blog.

2. I will email you five questions that you HAVE to answer. I get to pick the questions. You don’t get to opt out if you don’t like the questions I give you so think twice before asking me for an interview. Don’t worry, I won’t ask you anything I wouldn’t be willing to answer myself.

3. You must post your answers to the questions on your blog. If you don’t have a blog I will post your answers on my blog under your name.

4. You have to include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When other commenters ask to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And so on and so on…

11 comments:

here today, gone tomorrow said...

An invitation to talk about myself, and I'm going to say no?? I don't think so. May I be tagged, please?

Unknown said...

I love this idea, pick me pick me pick me. You know my email already!!

and OMG - i do the SAME thing with Borat - saw it once, and you know what I mean when Borat talks about how his mustache smells. (hee hee hee)

You are not delusional - I have my version of your dream job - it really does exist.

Susie said...

Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch is the ideal man. In fact, I think GP as GP was pretty close to the ideal man, too. He was the total package.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird now, because I really disliked that book. But I suspect I read it too young and just didn't fully understand it.

This was fun to read!

eclectic said...

Oh YAY!! You played!! Great answers -- To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the best stories, EVER! And Gregory Peck -- yummy!!

alan said...

I love your answers...no, not TMI!

Thank you for brightening my work night with your e-mail as well! It came at a perfect time!

Screwing up my courage...tag me!

alan

Squirl said...

I would have picked shaving on number four. And definitely a guy who's smart and funny! A cute guy without a working brain wouldn't be any good for a long-term relationship.

Katy Barzedor said...

Yeah, gotta go with you on the shaving. Too much of my life is taken up with hair removal.

And laughter is the best aphrodisiac. Good thing, too, or I'd NEVER get laid.

JP said...

So you've had many insane bosses? Do tell!! =)

Being your own boss does sound appealing to me at times and if I had any business sense I might even give it a try. It would give me a chance to implement the JP Slap-o-matic! hahaha.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Done!

Tay said...

Haven't blogged nearly enough lately, so let's go for it! Tag me!