Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Incoherent

I am a total asshole. There is a serious lack of posting around these parts and it is completely my fault. I owe a photo of myself to Sharkey to celebrate her 5th Re-Birthday and I thought this would also be an excellent way to show you all how much my hair has grown out as well as a bit of cleavage with the new hooties. I even have the outfit picked out and everything. Here is the problem; being a single genteel lady living on my own who the fricking hell can I get to take my photo? I tried to set up some timer balancing act with my camera on various surfaces with crappy results. I have to get one of my parents over to take the photo. Or go to Sears Portrait Studio. So I’m sorry but you all will have to wait.

I cooked up some CDs for Kristine per her heartfelt request but both yesterday and today I got to the post office after closing so the envelope sadly sits in my car weeping softly to itself. Hold on Kristine! It’s coming!

I would love to tell you all about how much my neighbour hates my ass and describe the look on her face as she glares at me every chance she gets. Sadly it has come to my attention that people Googling my full name are directed to this supposedly anonymous site. In no place does my name appear in any posts or comments so I have no idea how this is happening. **If anybody can help me with this issue I’d love your input.** I’ve noticed lots of folks getting to my blog via my name lately so I have to be a little more circumspect with my rantings until I get this all figured out. I am fully convinced that this lovely lady’s wrath shooting through her fingertips would short circuit a computer if she tried to research me but just in case I won’t be getting into any details. Yet…

So has anybody had any experiences ordering prescription glasses via an internet site? I’ve found a fabu set of frames (in an olive colour) but, of course, cannot be sure they will suit me. I also argue with myself over paying half the price for online lenses opposed to getting the prescription filled here in town where I can deal easily with any potential problems. Any horror stories? Or did you get a great product at a great deal?

I dropped off some stuff I cleaned out of my storage space at the Salvation Army today. While there I poked around in some bins and found a freaking great set of mid century stainless steel serving dishes with gorgeous Bakelite handles and feet. $5 for the both of them!! SCORE!

Lulu My Almost Dog went on her very first camping trip this weekend. You can see pics at my friend’s Facebook site. I’m not sure if you have to join to view photos. Let me know if you have trouble and I will try to get the original jpegs posted.

HEY! Thanks so much for sending out birthday cards to Shane. I appreciate it and I'm sure he will be thrilled.

So I’m sorry I am such a lousy friend but I can promise you a fabulous Crush Your Cat’s Head Friday compliments of MRTL this week. It will be the best one EVAH!

Redemption is mine!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries about the photo. Trust me, I know ALL ABOUT not posting.

Sounds like you could use a Gorillapod for your camera. You could even use it to create a Yoshi-cam, a la ljc/Jenny Cisney and her pug Oscar.

What an awesome find at the Salvation Army! And I love how they look on your fab blue couch.

KULA said...

I can comment on everything you said, but I'm too lazy. As for the glasses, I would opt for saving money and ordering online, but first, figure out which ones look interesting to you, then try finding them at a store and trying them on, then order them online if they fit well. That's all I have to say.

I couldn't see Lulu's pictures. Facebook is being an asshole!

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Feeling very envious of those great trays!! I haven't been much like blogging either. Must be something we downloaded...

Susie said...

This is a very enjoyable post; however, I must take serious exception to your first sentence.

If you find out how people got here via your name, which does not appear here, I'd be bery interested. Uh...also, very interested.

Rice said...

I am eagerly awaiting your photo, obviously I need something to look forward to. My hair is coming in gray, WTF?? I had enough hair problems before.

I am an online shopper but not when it comes to important stuff like glasses. But I tend to get ripped off a lot.

What is going on with your name?? That is scary. I am going to google my own name and see what happens.

As for your neighbor.... I'll wait until you get your google problem figured out.

Can't wait to see Yoshi tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I would be afraid to buy glases online. How do you know what size to order?

Squirl said...

Looking forward to seeing the picture when you finally get it. I just can't seem to get it together to put together a coherent post myself these days. I just went on vacation and have pictures and everything, just can't seem to post.

casquette superman said...

very good post!!!!