Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Where Is My Pepper Spray?

My Self Portrait is very late. We had a bit of excitement in the house today. Somebody, in broad daylight, smashed the downstairs neighbour’s window in and attempted to burgle his apartment. I scared them off though when I was doing laundry. They must have heard me in the hallways. Yikes! Vancouver has a huge property crime problem with all the junkies looking for quick money. Fabulous. I am still quite amazed that they were gutsy enough to do this as the house is on a very busy corner. Anybody could have seen them. But we had a prowler Sunday night and they may have been casing the joint then. Had to call the cops. Home Detention Lady has nothing on my hood. And here I was all gushy about Vancouver. Guard your purse!

4 comments:

jac said...

Stacey
Call H.D.Lady and report an attempted crime. She will do the rest and it will be in her blog for everybody to read.

c said...

EEK!

Squirl said...

That sounds really scary. My city isn't giant, but it's the second largest in Michigan. We also live in a seedy part of town. My car was vandalized and people stole stuff from it two other times. I also don't walk around after dark by myself.

I'm not used to that. I spent most of my life in Grand Haven which is a very clean, safe tourist town. I would walk anywhere there in the middle of the night. We also left our door unlocked many times when walking around time. Oh well, we do have things here in Grand Rapids like the Festival of the Arts which is happening this weekend. Yay, booth food and lots of music. You got your trade-offs as you well know.

Susie said...

That's creepy. Hope it doesn't afflict your thinking too much. (Don't mind me, I just like to use the word "afflict," and it's so rarely that the opportunity presents...)