Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Daddy O

Today was my dad’s birthday. He is 75 years old. I gave him a huge bottle of scotch as his gift. By the age of 75 I figure you pretty much have everything you need. Now is the time for luxuries. My mother made a fabulous meal as usual complete with cheesecake for dessert. I am so full I can hardly move.

My dad who is seventy-five is still working full time. We often tell him to slow down a bit but I think he would be bored without work. He likes to work. You just can’t argue with that.

So Happy Birthday Dad, you hard working scotch drinker, you.

5 comments:

Squirl said...

Happy Birthday to him! That is great that he's still working. My mother turned 75 in April. I'm pretty sure you read about her being in the hospital in May. It breaks my heart to see her so frail. But it's so great to see someone else her age be so robust and active.

May he have as many years left as he wants.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to stacey's dad! all the best for a great dad. my father will be celebrating his 75th birthday this month too. i will surely miss him

Anonymous said...

I was up to my elbows in you know what last night and did not get to visit.

So a belated very Happy Birthday to the Dad-Poo. Don't slow down Alan, you were not made for a life of leisure. The boredom would drive you barking mad! I hope you had a great day.

I would also like to say for the record, how extremely generous and kind your Dad has been over the years to my family. I know I don't tell him nearly enough how much I appreciate it, but I really, really do.

I am sure dinner was fab and the picture of the cheesecake is making my mouth water. Oh to have some of your Mom's wondeful cooking!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dad-Poo (sorry I'm a little late)!

That cheesecake is lookin' gooo-oood.

Kranki said...

precision girl-my dad thanks you.

squirl-thanks so much. How is your mom doing? Is she better now?

anon-thanks so much. Happy Birthday to your dad too.

Lbo-you have got that right. He would freak from boredom if he stopped working.

mrtl-Kranki's dad says thaink you!

Sharkey-I can't remember if I have called him Dad Poo on this blog before. But that is his nickname. Either you are very spooky or have a great memory! Either way, thanks for the good wishes.