Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Monday, August 15, 2005

It's ALIVE!

Look at me all upright and typing. Today was a good day and I ate some pasta and felt all right about it. Then I watched a bad DVD and had a nap. All is right in my world right now. The cat won’t leave me alone either. This wouldn’t be so bad but it happens to be hot out and her hot furry self is making me kinda sticky.

First of all I have to thank JessicaRabbit from the bottom of my heart as she saw that cabana boys were sadly lacking during chemo and sent me a Henry Rollins’ Spoken Word CD to compensate. Thanks so much, JR! That was just the nicest surprise to get today! I just bought my spoken word tickets for his Nov 14th show here in town so I am totally in the mood.

Secondly I mentioned a while ago that I had to get some further testing done as they thought I might have cancer in my left breast as well. I just got the news today and everything it all clear. I have to get a follow-up MRI in January but so far so good. That is great news and I needed some of that right about now. Yee haw!

More good news is that my dear friend Pablum is in town and we will be getting together as soon as I feel up to it. I love his summer visits. Probably not as much beach time this trip for the two of us but some serious gossiping will be had.

Thanks to you all again for checking in with me and leaving sweet comments to tie me over until I was all human again. You are the best.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really news! I'm so glad for you, and happy to read that you are doing better today.

Anonymous said...

Well sing hallelujah come on get happy! That is great news about feeling better, no cancer in the other breast, and about Pablo being in town. Kind of like a hat trick if you play hockey. I hope you have great good fun visiting and gossiping. You deserve a little R and R!

So happy to have you back! Love and hugs.

Candy said...

Im glad you like it lady, there should be another package coming soon too.

Im soooo happy to hear that you got the all clear on those tests! Hazzah!

Time to party down baby.

SassyFemme said...

Doing the Snoopy Happy Dance for you!

east village idiot said...

Hey Kranki-

I am soooo happy that your boobies are behaving and that all is well on the other side of your rack!!!

It's great to see that you are regaining your energy and able to check in with your fan base.

Did you ever see the Great Lebofsky? That might be a fun DVD for you to rent.

Stay cool and comfortable. And by the way - my dog really was on the cover of an international magazine - and the kicker is that I didn't get paid for it!!! I brought my dog to the shoot to help my bro out (a design director) - never thinking it would end up anywhere in the magazine!

Watch out Kranki - you may be next!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! That's the best news I've heard in a long time. Enjoy the feeling of the good news, and have a great time with your friend!

Susie said...

OH, THE BEST, BEST NEWS!

Hot damn and hallelujah!

Closet Metro said...

Good good good news.

*doing happy dance in my chair*

Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog.

I have a training site/blog. It pretty much covers training related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Your Blog site is fantastic. Thanks and keep up.
YOU Too Can Learn About Car Accessory With Ease!
Check out this site Car Accessory

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for your left breast!! Hip hip hooray!

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD to hear the wonderful news. I'm glad you can breathe a little easier. You deserve a break from the damn stress of it all.

LadyBug said...

Congratulations on your good news, Kranki!

Kranki said...

vanessa-thanks! I am really happy about it.

lbo-You bet I am singing.

jessicarabbit-hazzah! I am totally with you there.

sassyfemme-I wish I could see this dance.

eastvillageidiot-I woudo love to see a pic of your dog. Post one!

sharkey-you are so right. I am really enjoying this news.

lealea-thanks for the hugs.

susie-thanks! Hot damn! I agree.

closet metro-I love the happy dance.

mrtl-thanks so much!

shoshie-I did have chocolate today to celebrate. I hope you are doing well.

kalki-I'll take those cheers and run with them!

HDL-I am feeling rather stress free now. It is all good.

ladybug-I hope you are doing well too. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

c said...

YAHOO!!!

ScottyGee said...

Exxxxxxxxxxcelent! Glad the left one is staying in line. One misbehaving boob is a handful on it's own. Oh God... that was such a bad joke. I feel slightly ashamed.

Congrats on the good news!

Kranki said...

misfit-Yahoo INDEED!

scottygee-you are a riot. Crack me up!

Ern said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

john boy said...

Good to hear. Have fun with your friend!!

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Glad to be reading you again and to hear the good news...