Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Monday, March 07, 2005

Deep Thoughts...

First off I want to send a big thank you out there to everybody who has been blog commenting, phoning and emailing good vibes my way. You have no idea how chuffed I am to hear from all of you. *sniff* I REALLY appreciate you all.

Today has turned out to be like any other day in my life meaning I am running around at the last minute doing stuff I should have thought about weeks ago. While I have a front closure top for my trip home from the hospital it didn't occur to me until this very afternoon that owning this solitary zip-front top is not going to serve me well for the rest of my recovery. I should have bought some more PJ tops or something way before now. I just didn't think. Typical. So tonight while I should be reflecting upon my life and transcending all my worries through zen medication and deep breathing I will be found at the local Wal Mart frantically charging up a whole lot of ugly loose fitting front closure tops. Frumpy tops I will never wear again after I can move my arm normally. Heinous tops that will have cost as much as that fabulous pair of shoes I actually need. Sweet summer shoes for walking on the beach...in front of cute boys.

Today the sun is shining and the blossoms are gloriously...um...unfurling?...on the cherry trees. Crocus and iris galore along the Sea Wall, located only a couple blocks from my house, beckon me. Instead I have a 4 pm appointment for a bikini wax so no good looking doctors and innocent nurses are traumatized by my nether bits. I have been assured by my dear friend TC, who called me from the UK! today, that nobody has any need to "go there" for any reason during my hospital stay. I think it is better to be safe than humiliated.

My mom popped by today and gave me a gift of lovely CK pajamas. So now I can slouch around and look cute at the same time. Thanks mom!

Tonight I am planning on eating a HUGE take-out order of sushi for dinner. We are talking about an INDECENT amount of sushi here. The restaurant normally encloses 4 sets of chopsticks in my order because they just assume it would take that many people to consume that amount of food. I have not enlightened them that it is only me doing the snorking. Shame Spiral! I seriously love sushi. It is better than all the meditation and deep breathing in the world.

No comments: