Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Friday, March 25, 2005

Why Lobotomies Are Good

First of all I would like to thank everybody who dropped by via Dooce today. Your kind comments were much appreciated by my beautiful cat with halitosis and me. I hope you will visit again soon. In fact I beg you to visit again as you probably won’t want to after reading the next paragraph. I promise I will post better once I feel better.


I have been wracking my brains for something to blog about today. Here is the problem; nothing has been going on. I went out Wednesday night and picked up some dinner from my favourite sushi place up the road. I actually pretended to be an active person and wore track pants and a hoodie PLUS sneakers to leave the house. I felt like an impostor since I never work out. That is why I never wear such outfits in public. They are for doing laundry and housework. So I ate this delicious sushi meal in front of the TV watching America’s Next Top Model and within about 3 hours started to feel pretty gross. Really nauseous. What else is new!?! – many of you ask because, yes, indeed, I have a bad stomach at the best of times. But it was waaay bad. And it kept on waking me up during the night so I would take more anti-nausea meds that would make be more groggy and stupid. Then it was still bad in the morning and all day and especially terrible last night. STILL! I just felt hurlish for hours. It was awful. I do not know if I had dodgy sushi or a tummy bug or what but it was nasty. My personality is such that when I don’t feel good I obsess over WHY I FEEL BAD!!! I know I will never know why I felt sick but I just have to try to figure it out. Why can’t I be ok with just feeling bad? So that is what I have been up to all day – trying to figure out why I felt bad for 24 hours. Woo HOO! That and feeling guilty that I wasn’t very productive during this time. Welcome to a glimpse of my creepy mind.

So bear with me and pray that my attention span returns once the Gravol is out of my system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think one has a choice BUT to obsess about "WHY THE HELL DO I FEEL SO CRAPPY?!"

Hope you feel better (and how cute is your kitty?)!

Kranki said...

Thanks SM. I do feel better today. And with the stress load I have now I shouldn't be surprised over upset tummys. Yoshi thanks you for the praise. I'll post more photos of her soon.