Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Here Are 50 Things You Will Learn About Me Unless You Flee Right This Second!

Not really knowing what to write today I have decided to just create a list of various facts about me. Here are 50 things about me that are completely irrelevant:

  1. I am a vegetarian and have been for 15 years. But do eat some fish.
  2. I am a hypocrite and love leather.
  3. I studied silversmithing for two years but haven't made any jewellery for 5 years because I no longer have a studio to work in.
  4. My hair has not been its natural colour since I was about 14 years old.
  5. I am a big animal lover and totally suspicious of people who don't have pets. Allergies are the only accepted excuse.
  6. I am a very fussy eater. I especially don't like mixing fruit into savoury dishes. For instance don't put apple or raisins in stuffing. That is just wrong.
  7. I love chocolate but only milk chocolate. My faves are milk chocolate covered caramels and Toblerone bars.
  8. I drive an old Jetta.
  9. I have no fear and will take apart electronic stuff to attempt to fix it - often with surprising success.
  10. I also have no fear with home improvement projects - I installed hardwood laminate flooring through my apartment all by myself. I have been warned I will hurt myself one day.
  11. I do not drink alcohol.
  12. I don't like coffee and only occasionally will have a latte. But I LOVE coffee ice cream.
  13. I live in one of the most beautiful recreational-activity friendly cities in the world but don't ski, hike, camp, rollerblade, kayak, boat, water ski, or mountain bike. I watch TV.
  14. I need a lot of sleep. 10 hours per night is perfect. I started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old. I was born to sleep.
  15. I am a very fast reader and read a lot but if you ask me what I read the day before I couldn't tell you. Shitty retention.
  16. I bite my nails.
  17. I have cankles and H-A-T-E them.
  18. I can't cook very well and don't like doing it either.
  19. My favourite food is sushi and I order the same things every time.
  20. I hate squash and most coloured vegetables. I love anything green including brussel sprouts.
  21. I rarely make my bed.
  22. I am allergic to eggs.
  23. I have an unhealthy crush on Henry Rollins.
  24. I often leave the house without wearing make-up. This is why Henry Rollins will never love me back.
  25. I cannot walk in heels. I have tried and tried but it just hurts so bad.
  26. I am phobic about spiders, swimming in any body of water except pools, and throwing up. I know - WEIRD!
  27. When I was 19 a Rottweiler attacked me. It ripped a chunk out of my arm and bit my foot. I was just waking down the street at the time.
  28. I write thank you notes.
  29. I am a huge fan of Danish Modern furniture.
  30. My parents have been married for 47 years.
  31. I get panic attacks.
  32. I backpacked around Europe when I was 19 years old. Most of the time I did it alone because my travel buddy and I parted ways, as we were not into seeing the same places.
  33. I inevitably kill all plants but cacti.
  34. I live one block from the beach.
  35. My back fire escape is the local raccoon toilet.
  36. My living room is painted orange.
  37. I do not have a favourite colour.
  38. I absolutely hate ironing. I probably iron something about 3 times a year.
  39. I didn't learn to drive until I was 19 years old. I didn't get my first car until I was 22.
  40. The smell of patchouli enrages me and makes me want to kill hippies.
  41. I hate hippies.
  42. I desperately want a dog but my cat won't let me get one.
  43. While I think kids are great I do not want any because I don't think I could handle all the pee, poo, puke, drool and snot.
  44. I can only print - I have totally forgotten how to write.
  45. I still look forward to getting mail.
  46. I have visited Jim Morrison's grave.
  47. If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is get laser eye surgery. I am really blind.
  48. I love pineapple but it makes me itchy.
  49. I backpacked through Jamaica when I was 22 years old.
  50. I have a terrible addiction to America's Next Top Model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KV you goddess- its coskel from dooce.
1- the fact that you hate patchouli makes me adore you - please tell me you also hate those damn clove cigarettes.
2- you have to have a crush on Henry Rollins - otherwise, he will show up at your home and kill you. That mans neck is as big as an average mans THIGH. But yes, he is hot.

Kranki said...

Oh yeah! Clove ciggies. Hate 'em too. I also don't like dreads on white people. Don't even get me started about drum circles. Thank god hippies don't beat people up or I would be so dead right now.

As for Henry - YUMMY!