Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Feel Like Crap Diet

Hello Everybody

Day 4 of Chemofication. I am feeling a bit better today. Not so nauseous. I have eaten a whole banana, 3 saltine crackers and a can of ginger ale. Hold your applause. I know. I know. Overwhelming.

I talked to one of the wonderful nurses that are available to me via phone 24/7 and she assured me I would be feeling much better by tonight. She also told me that they would adjust my anti-nauseant meds on my next appointment so this won’t happen again. Yeah! That would be good.

Even though they swear it takes a few weeks I feel like I am getting chemo brain already. My horrendous typing has completely gone to shit and I can’t be even sure what I am telling you now. My hair seems to be coming out too. I have always been a shedder and feel it is a miracle I have any hair anyway so I could be just doing my usual thing but it SEEMS like it is falling out more so it is probably a bit of both. All my lovely hats I have bought through eBay are starting to arrive just in time.

My little Yoshi is so attentive and won’t let me out of her sight for very long. She acts most concerned but is also giving me space, which I find very touching. How could she know? She just does. And if you know of our relationship you would not be surprised. She is my baby. Well, it feels like I am her baby now.

Anyway, I have been doing A LOT of sleeping today since I haven’t been feeling so great during the night. It feels good. The sun is out and I wish I could be at the beach but the couch is as close as I am going to get right now.

So keep working on your dares because I want to hear all the funny stuff that ensues.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there--

Glad you're feeling a little better today. Amazing how the animals know what we need, isn't it?

I feel kinda bad that the nausea has hit you so hard after I was all, "Oh the anti-nausea meds are great--I was hardly sick at all." I guess there's a reason why the nurses always say, "Everybody's different," huh? Hopefully, they'll get things adjusted and it'll be better next time.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet kitty. I'm glad she's not puckering her butt at you.

Susie said...

Our critters are compassionate when something's up with us. I love that. Good Yoshi. Good kranki, for getting that food in ya. When I had 9 months of morning sickness, I could tolerate Pringles and lemonade. I was seeing a nutritionist at the time, and was ashamed to 'fess up to that, but when I finally did, she told me that there was some research that that is not a bad diet when you're sick as a dog. Something about the combining of the salty, sour and sweet that doesn't activate the nausea. I don't know. You know me, love, I'll try to share any damned irrelevant thing in the hope of hitting on something that you might be able to use! Bear with me... Looking forward to seeing you in your sexy hats;)

c said...

I recently thought that I had begun losing my hair. My stylist told me that, on average, 100 individual hairs fall out each day. Each day!

Now, I wouldn't suggest you start counting (unless you're just THAT bored), but hopefully that'll give you an idea if the chemo is hastening your normal, everyday hair loss.

That's me, always with the information!

Feel better. That's an order.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,

I am very glad to hear that it wasn't as horrible as you thought. I was getting worried having not heard from you so I thought I would check the blog and lo and behold you have added to it.

I am glad you are feeling a little better and that the nausea is subsiding a bit. I suppose it is hard to tell whether it is from the meds or from the anxiety that you get. As for the hair loss, is it possible for it to start so quickly or do you think it is one of those things? I know I have lost a lot of hair at late as it is starting to grow back and I have pokies galore.

I am meeting Pablo tonight, he is here for just a week so I assume this will be my only visit with him. I am looking forward to it as I cannot remember the last time I saw him. It was in Vancover when we were together...no idea..my brain does not work these days.

Well mou, I will write a proper email or indeed phone so I dont' fill up your blogger.

Love you mou! Hang in there and know that I am thinking of you all the time and I am sending lots of get well vibes to you.

Love and kisses.
Txx

p.s. David sends all his love too!

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear things are finally turning around for your tummy. Julie thinks you should celebrate with a Cupcakes cupcake when you are up to it.

I also wanted to let you know we appreciate the effort it must take to blog when you feel like crap on crap pills and worse. I have no idea how you have managed that. You are one tough cookie. I hope today is even better than yesterday.