Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Who Knew That Me and Britney Could Be Soul Sistas

Day 2 Of Chemofication

The drunk part has definitely worn off. The tired and queasy part had begun. I can’t say much except that I feel tired and queasy. No wild and weird symptoms so far. I’ll let you know when that happens. However, I have felt this way before when trying on some new brain meds or after particularly gruesome bouts of my IBS. While not feeling too great I have felt this way before and can handle it.

I am desperately trying to cram fluids down my gullet with little success. I am supposed to have 10 LARGE cups of something each day. I am lucky if I am at 10 sips. Once I get my port-a-cath installed I plan to just insert a straw down there and guzzle back Mountain Dew right into my bloodstream. My lack of appetite is not worrying me much as I have some junk in my trunk I could stand to loose. No biggie.

So there you go. Not feeling too terrible but not a lot is going to get me out of bed. Bed is good. Basically, just feeling a little toxic.

5 comments:

c said...

I'm glad to see that it's not horrible for you right now.

Bed *is* good. I say that on a regular day, let alone Post-Chemo day 2!!

Get better soon.

Susie said...

I have worn a path from my blog to yours. I'm glad to "hear your voice," but I hope you never feel pressured to update us. We'll deal; you take your time. I say, "bed is good," too. I love my bed. Enjoy yours as much as you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kranki!
I love you I love you I love you!
Im happy to have discovered your blog...
Satu was attempting to jump on the keyboard. I think she was trying to leave you a comment saying...

DONT CRUSH YOSHI'S HEAD!

Anyway,remember chemofication is kicking this cancers a**. (mom would'nt approve of the real word)
and, hooray for hawiian punch!
Sleep lots :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kranki,

I hope the Mom-Poo is taking good care of you. Ah, to sleep, perchance to dream... or at least to cure the tired part and skip the queasy part.

Indulge your sleep desires and stay in bed as long as you want, then a bit longer, just for good measure.

We hope you will be up and around soonest.

jac said...

Keep it up, wait for ur next blog. Sorry about staying in bed