Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Friday, April 29, 2005

Sofa Surfer

Chemofication Update

Hi Everybody!

Probably the best day so far. Got off my ass to do some dishes and have actually eaten a couple times today. Yeehaw! Is that a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel?

I am feeling a bit guilty today as I bowed out of a trial study at the Cancer Agency. I originally wanted to partake in a clinical trial on exercise and chemotherapy. I would have been in one of three groups who did some kind of exercise throughout chemo or after chemo. After being a little overwhelmed this week with symptoms and the thought of committing to driving to a gym 3 times a week and working out no matter how poorly I felt, well, I bailed on it. I really wanted to do it but when doing a few dishes is exhausting doing weights and a treadmill sounds impossible. I do hope to do my normal exercise at home with stretching and yoga type stuff as soon as I feel up to it. So much for enriching mankind. Blort!

The Symptom Of The Day

This is going to be my fab new feature. Everyday I am going to gross you all out with some new ick that I have to deal with. Kind of like Chemo Factor or Canada’s Next Top Symptom. So today’s symptom is….

**Tasting and smelling burnt hair all the time.**

I can’t even begin to explain how revolting this is. When I exhale it literally feels like I am emitting noxious fumes. I am afraid to kiss the cat. My plants are wilting.

I can’t say this enough but thanks to all of you who drop by and send good vibes my way. When I started this blog it was solely to keep friends and family updated on my progress. I had no idea that so many people would tune in every day and comment on whatever was happening with me and my situation. Every time my computer beeps that a new comment has come up I immediately get off the couch to check it out. I think this is the best exercise for me right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad we can help with the exercise regimen, Kranki!

Yay for the best day yet! Boo to burning smells and tastes.

Susie said...

Just let us know how many beeps per day you need to keep you perky! You'll be buff by the time we're through with you!

Yeehaw for washing dishes! (Now that's just plain crazy...)

Dang Cold.. said...

BEEP - hey I'll bet thats DC in Toronto.

BEEP - oh for sure thats sweet Susie

BEEP - awww yeah mrtl's in the house

BEEP - Nilbo????

BEEP - Jesus Dang Cold wuchoo want now?!?!?

BEEP - DANG COLD CUT IT OUT!!!

BEEP - THATS IT WHERE'S MY GUN?!?!?

Have a good weekend Stacey :)

BEEP..oh I mean

dc

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling a little better today.

The burnt hair thing sounds so nasty. Blech. Bless your heart.

Have a great weekend, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Hey--

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Have a great weekend!

Candy said...

Well, I dont have the serious problems you do, but when I get migraines I smell things that arent there all the time and its horrible. The most common for me? Corn. I hate corn. and everything will smell like it to me. Its awful. I feel for you very very much.

And I love looking at pics of your beautiful kitty kat. She must be very soothing for you.