Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane

Friday, May 27, 2005

Complete IDIOT!

I have ordered a portable MP3 player due to a lovely financial gift from a family friend. I am perpetually poor so I am always slow with acquiring new technology. I am gonna load that sucker up and sail through chemo. I used to be so savvy about music but due to that aforementioned poverty I am also not buying CDs like I used to. I thought I'd be very clever and install an audio component to my blog (inspired by What's OPERA Doc?) to let you all know what I am listening to on any given day. But I can't make it work. I pasted the code but all I get is that funny square saying the URL is not found. It asks me to copy my music onto my server. Do I need separate server space or can this be done with Blogger alone. Anybody out there with any tips? What you see on my blog is what I got. Any help would be appreciated. MUCHLY!!! Also please let me know what you are listening to right now. I love learning about new bands. Educate me, PLEASE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for an MP3 player! What a fabulous gift. Blessings on the head of he/she who provided.

Big Heavy said...

kpantz, cherry puts a lot of music on her blog. maybe you could ask her?

http://undercherrysmoon.blogspot.com/

Kranki said...

LBo-I know, I am so lucky! I thought I would rather do that with the money than pay bills. Bah for bills.

Big Heavy-thanks! I will check her out.

Fuel-I got an iRiver iFP 790T 256 MB player. My bro recommended it. He got one for the wife for her birthday and she loves it.

requiscat-thanks for the tips. I hate spyware. Bastards. I am trying to beg off some server space from the bro but I am not sure he still has one up and running. Stay tuned.

Kranki said...

requiscat-I LOVE jeff Buckley. I had a chance to see him before he died but didn't as I had an exam the next day. Big regrets. Your tip joged my memory and it turns out that I get 70 MB of web space free from my ISP. I have no idea how to use this space but I am hopefully seeing my bro, the Microsoft certified engineer, for tips. He usually doesn't help as he thinks I should figure out these things myself. I hate that! Anyway, I will try to figure it out. Thanks so much for the offer though. What program did you use to do your blog song?

Opera Gal said...

vK - I'll give you server space for your music files. Thanks for the shout out -and yes, I AM up at 2AM blogging.

Kranki said...

whfropera-thanks for the offer. I talked it over with my bro and he scared me off of doing music with all the copyright shit and stuff like that. Don't want to get into trouble. I appreciate it though.